Steven Borg of Northwest Cadence (Microsoft Team System MVP) took a road trip to Portland to speak to a very interested audience about the new features of Team Build 2008, an inherent and powerful part of Visual Studio Team System 2008.
There were a total of 68 students from 35 different companies in the Portland area. Feedback from the attendees on what they believe was most valuable:
- “How build automation with Team Build can replace or enhance our current in-house development system”
- “Step by step demo of MS Build and overview of ways VSTS can help my organization”
- “Using Team Build for automated deployment”
- “Learning what Build can do for us”
- “Tasks that check in to TFS can be traced in the build. This really simplifies debugging”
- “High level oversight so as to better see the big picture”
- “References to best practices when using TFS”
- “The integration of work items and code check ins. Setting up continuous integration”
- “Customizing the Team Build project file”
- “Implementing database scripts in build reporting”
At the end of the presentation, there were several prizes up for grabs; however, two attendees were especially lucky as the recipients of Vista Ultimate and a Microsoft Zune Digital Player. But I think it is safe to say, all attendees were winners as they were energized by the dynamic speakers and enlightened as to the abundance of Team Build’s bells and whistles.